Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dehydration

Recently our country experiencing unpredictable temperature phenomenon, less rainfall but heat.. I mean striking heat,.. burning!!!, it’s maybe because our thin ozone, icebergs melted and gave out heavy rainfall last few months and now heat… what’s next? Nazubillah.. It makes unstable climate and condition and most activities are now limited. I have to confess that I became ‘putera lilin’ nowadays, cannot stand for too long under direct sunlight… Im melting.. really!!!. Aircool rooms are mandatory! I even turned my car’s aircond knob to the max everytime I went home from work. The heat are biting me!!!.

Today was a bit challenging as we are facing hot climate yet I dare to expose for hours under termandous sunlight, that’s because I was with my other 80++ fellow bikers rode our iron horses to the rural parts of our lovely district. It was actually an event held by "Pemoda" as one of our ‘focus of event’. ‘Jelajah Tutong’ is the name given for this event and obviously we were doing expedition around Tutong district and of course we were so bejamur mcm ikan masin. Started from town to the heritage park Merimbun as we were guest of honor for Dusun’s Adoh Gayoh celebration at Merimbun. The occasions were happening, good people, fun activities, fun riding except of the furious temperature or else it would be perfect. It has been years I haven’t visit to this place and there is no huge different from my last visit, the lake, the pulau except the bridge is now relocated. Praise should be given to orang-orang kampong for their efforts conserving our heritage park.

The journey continues by passing several rural kampongs in Tutong. I cant remember the kampongs, all I know our route eventually comes to an exit at kampong Tanjong Maya. I remember the heat that vibes termendously inside me along the journey, the smell of burning trees and grasses and the waving made by kids to us, probably excited by the numbers of vtwins engines roaring in their kampongs. But I guess they don’t know how we all felt, we were actually burning inside our rugged gears and armors haha.. tuhan saja tahu. As arrived in Kmpong Danau, I desperately seeking for “Airrrrr… airrrr”, dehydrated to the max and felt like all liquids in my body were evaporating out of my skin. We were served with kuihmuih and cold air bandung and air oren. I can't hardly listen to Danau's MPK presedent's speech, what I want was the sweaty bandung in the jugs. The air bandung tested like havens...

Our journey ended at Pantai Seri Kenangan.., a fatigue day… but I dont care ! really! at least it was fun and I have something to post and to share. To all brothers and sisters on bike, get your motor running and head out on the highway.. get some sunburn!. To all Dusuns people, happy Adoh Gayoh.

No comments: