School term holiday is back again, everybody is waiting for it… Or maybe it was just me ?! nehhh… after 10 weeks ++ at the school, I think everybody needs recess at least to refresh what inside you. Working as well learning at school is exhausting, not physically but mentally exhausting.., I believe 'holiday' is the precise way for recovery.
This 2nd term holiday is necessary for kids. They need leisure time for friends, cusions, families. They really need FUN times to play with peers, tv, games, travelling or any kind of ‘self-explore-the-environment’ kind of things. All these activities help the kids to learn something which they may not be able to find at school. This ‘self-
explore-the-environment’ is essential for normal growth which not entirely provided by formal education at school. They really need to adapt the surroundings by self exploration!. I was once one of those kid, yup “self-exploration”! Whenever came to holiday I will met those boys (the cusions) for main Rambo in the woods, jalan kaki ke kadai, camping, kites, main basikal, main aying sambil tangkap ikan arah longkang mahad… or anything that our parents reffered as 'main panas' thehehe. All those activities were fun and it really made our parents nuts… lol looking their kids full with mud. Mannn... cant forget those sweet days! It made us one step ahead to be a man, with scars (fortunetly I dont have any heh) and with all the childhood sweet memories we share together. Cusions... we all rules!.
TV games? 80’s tv games were not like these days play station or the X box, our tv games were more to 2-D graphics and easily to fed up…familiar with ATARI ?! well, it was fun, but only for several minutes.. why? well becos it was a 2-D GUI kind of game where you only can move a 'block' here and there on the screen.. I bet those 80’s kids knew what I mean. Then came the Nintendo, the second version of 2D games but this time a bit interesting where there were figures (at least!) on the screen, I mean not the ‘moving blocks’ again like in the Atari !! Delta Force aka Contra, Super Mario Brothers were the kick-ass games. Then came SEGA which more or less like Nintendo, and it was still with 2-D graphics though but more games introduced and less expensive cartridges… at least less worry for parents because we can affort to buy it ourself by collecting our school's pocket money! famous games to me were Mortal Combat, Super Sonic and cant hardly remember others. I envy today’s generation tv games with their ‘Guitar Hero’ in the Play Station.. Man… isnt it awesome, not just a joystick but with the guitar hardware itself.
This 2nd term holiday is necessary for kids. They need leisure time for friends, cusions, families. They really need FUN times to play with peers, tv, games, travelling or any kind of ‘self-explore-the-environment’ kind of things. All these activities help the kids to learn something which they may not be able to find at school. This ‘self-
explore-the-environment’ is essential for normal growth which not entirely provided by formal education at school. They really need to adapt the surroundings by self exploration!. I was once one of those kid, yup “self-exploration”! Whenever came to holiday I will met those boys (the cusions) for main Rambo in the woods, jalan kaki ke kadai, camping, kites, main basikal, main aying sambil tangkap ikan arah longkang mahad… or anything that our parents reffered as 'main panas' thehehe. All those activities were fun and it really made our parents nuts… lol looking their kids full with mud. Mannn... cant forget those sweet days! It made us one step ahead to be a man, with scars (fortunetly I dont have any heh) and with all the childhood sweet memories we share together. Cusions... we all rules!.TV games? 80’s tv games were not like these days play station or the X box, our tv games were more to 2-D graphics and easily to fed up…familiar with ATARI ?! well, it was fun, but only for several minutes.. why? well becos it was a 2-D GUI kind of game where you only can move a 'block' here and there on the screen.. I bet those 80’s kids knew what I mean. Then came the Nintendo, the second version of 2D games but this time a bit interesting where there were figures (at least!) on the screen, I mean not the ‘moving blocks’ again like in the Atari !! Delta Force aka Contra, Super Mario Brothers were the kick-ass games. Then came SEGA which more or less like Nintendo, and it was still with 2-D graphics though but more games introduced and less expensive cartridges… at least less worry for parents because we can affort to buy it ourself by collecting our school's pocket money! famous games to me were Mortal Combat, Super Sonic and cant hardly remember others. I envy today’s generation tv games with their ‘Guitar Hero’ in the Play Station.. Man… isnt it awesome, not just a joystick but with the guitar hardware itself.
Okey okey... I s better stop here! time to play with my actual toy.. a guitar, what else! Love to all kids and happy holiday...
Image from: http://www.energy.gov/images/morekids.jpg


No comments:
Post a Comment