Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finally, its a glide... its a GLIDEEE

After days of waiting, finally the super glide custom is ready to roar on the road, but wait… since it is still fitted with stock muffler so it is better to say “ready to glide along the road”. Kulin called me at 3:30 and ready to take his bike. Actually I was with Suji at JB for a drink while waiting for his call. We moved to the harley agent at 3:45, as we arrived, the first impression that came on to my sight was his bike plate numbers… it was huge with a ‘new’ registration numbers heading.. KPXXXX it is, and Suji translated it as ‘Kepala Polisi’ hahah. Kulin circles the harley’s building twice as his first ride on his new harley. I brought his bike home since he was lacking on safety riding precaution, he wore slippers ! hahah, and probably he still not confidence to ride back home yet. So I took this opportunity to be honoured to sit, to explore and to ride on his brand new bike.

My first impression on this super glide was its riding position, I love the mid control which made me feels like I was riding on a vantage bike. Furthermore the handlebar suits the feel of vantage. Anyhows, I prefer if it is installed with mini ape hanger, I reckon it much more comfortable and may looks and feels 'bastard and outrage' hahaha. Secondly, the torque was powerful and smooth as I shifted from gear 3 till 6, it was so feels like gliding on the road (no wonder it is named as 'super glide'). I love the suspension, very reliable indeed, especially during my cruising on the super bumpy highway with potholes everywhere!... It doesnt spoil my feel of riding, I just want to ride on and on to the horizon. Anyway, Kulin if you are reading this you must take note on your exhaust system, it needs something,... I mean something that make your bike roar!. Wooops... ghost rider is on HBO. So till next time... pess to all riders and ride on!


A short briefing on "hows the bike works"

No comments: