Friday, January 15, 2010

Dual System

I am back using Windows OS, windows 7 to be exact. It is somekind of excitement, to get familiar to the new interface of Windows, to me it is not a problem even I m not using Windows OS for quite sometimes now. I even skipped Vista and didn’t get the chance to explore. That’s because I rely to mac OS X but since some of my works require software that can only be generated by Windows OS, so I now using dual boots on my mac-book pro. Remarkable combination that turned my lappy to a hybrid machine – winmac !!! lol. I can see Windows OS nowadays offered good interfaces which more or less resembling to mac OS X. Both OS has something in common; user friendly GUI.

The installation was quite easy, by using ‘Boot Camp Assistant’ it only requires several clicks and wolaaaaa… it leads you to normal installation of window, as simple as that!!!. Furthermore the latest Snow Leopard supported 64-bit installation and thats what I was looking for. It took less than an hour to complete the installation (not including updates) and to set up all drivers using snow leopard's dvd.... and now I can swap between Snow Leopard and Window 7 at ease, just by clicking ‘option’ key during boot up.

What I noticed Windows 7 is quite handy, windows now introduce their new style of handling their system, the introduction of ‘live taskbar’ where all running programs can be peeked by moving over cursor on the icons on the taskbar or to display desktop by moving the cursor on the right bottom of the screen, easy switching windows with a drag to the edge of the screen, shaking a specific window make other windows on the desktop minimize, and lots more. The problem is software compatible issue.. since windows 7 is a fresh platform so I guess there are some softwares which are not compatible as yet, just as what I am doing right now.. I m struggling to install antivirus, the installation stop responding!!! I also tried previous version's compatibility and hoping it to work but it aint no good, the installation succeed but "error" window keeps on popping out and its annoying arghhhhh...

No comments: