Saturday, January 31, 2009

Auxiliary

Hello guys… Ive just finished installing aux cable for my grand Vitara after months of thinking on how my ipod gonna works with my stock GV’s stereo head unit. Well actually there is a device for playing ipod in GVs. It is like integration kit needs to be installed to the HU but the price is killing me, I was thinking I just need a cable to connect with. Somehow I tried griffin road trip (by apple) which is actually FM modulator, since the review is quite exceptional due to their smartscan technology… yup I agreed to the sound quality but not clarity. In other words I was not satisfied with the sound especially whenever I want to hear heavy metal music in my car... meaning I still need a cable! my god, rugi rugi… baik plg ku bali saja integration kit atu… but since I already telajak membali griffin modulator, I must find something that help me from overspending.

I made research in internet, reading forums… bla bla so many tips popped out which were mostly DIY thingy. I tried out a tip given by a member in Vitara owner’s club forum which resulting to useless effort… ‘no success’ to be clearer. Then I went to several car audio stores to find out if there is any possibility they can make me an aux cable for my GV, to my surprise they were saying that it is impossible and not making sense to create an aux extension from my stock HU unless I buy a new aftermarket HU... whattt?!!.. Even after I told them it is actually possible since there are people in Grand Vitara now listening to their mp3s using a simple auxiliary cable installed.

Then I emailed a fren who’s made this cable as my last resort. He sells this cable for $32US and comes with detailed installation instructions. Thanks man for saving my ass… and now I can play my ipod in my GV with clear sound and in addition it is connected to the griffin that acts as ipod charger and as my ipod portable modulator when needed. So those who has Grand Vitara 2007 and up model try this... hemmm and probably it works for Swift too.

2 comments:

Lan13 said...

baik jua tu USD32, my iPod cable cost like BND280 kah..ugh. gud thing aftermarket hu masa ani ada USB ready so lagi sanang cucuk iPod direct ja :)

ITs my life ! said...

280? mannn membari ketungking tu ehh.. even stock HU masa ani pun banyak yg sudah ada ipod / aux ready bro..